As an aid to my own research and cross-referencing projects, I have assembled several indicies to
existing reference materials. Since they have been useful to me, I figure they may be useful to
others as well.
Indicies to copyrighted works are intended not as substitutes for the underlying works, but rather to complement them by providing easily-searched tables of key text elements.
- Calendar — Table of Japanese years covering the “ukiyo-e period”
- GUDJ Artists — Artist index to Genshoku ukiyoe daihyakka jiten 原色浮世絵大百科事典
- GUDJ Carvers and Printers — Carver and Printer index to Genshoku ukiyoe daihyakka jiten 原色浮世絵大百科事典
- GUDJ Publishers — Publisher index to Genshoku ukiyoe daihyakka jiten 原色浮世絵大百科事典
- Keyes Yoshitoshi Students — Artist index to the "Biographies of Pupils" section of Roger Keyes' dissertation, Courage and Silence: A Study of the Life and Color Woodblock Prints of Tsukioka Yoshitoshi
- Marks — Publisher index to Publishers of Japanese Woodblock Prints: A Compendium
- Matsumoto — Transcription of a c.1913 Matsumoto-dō print catalog
- NDL — National Diet Library's Index of Publishers and Print Shops of Nishiki-e, Surimono, and Other Printed Materials from Bakumatsu to Meiji
- Reader — Unified index of artists, editors and publishers in the Reader Collection Guide to Japanese Woodblock Prints of Flowers and Birds
- UBS — Unified artist index to Ukiyo-e bunken shiryōkan 浮世絵文献資料館